Sunday, November 7, 2010

Vegan Survey? Check.

I've seen this survey on so many vegan blogs that I decided I just had to do my own. If you do your own, then let me know and leave a comment!

1. Favorite non-dairy milk?

Silk holiday nog.

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Vegan chili, pumpkin cinnamon rolls and sweet potato gnocchi.

3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Olive oil and pepper. SO GOOD!

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Raw soup. Ugh,

5. Favorite pickled item?
Pickles! So cucumbers I guess. Or jalapenos!

6. How do you organize your recipes?
By not organizing them. At home I have a pile of recipes in a cupboard, held together with a bulldog clip, and on my computer I have a bunch of websites/blogs/recipes I want to try either on my bookmarks bar or in the bookmarks menu, both of which aren't organized or cleaned out very often.

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Compost if I eat at the caf because they actually have a compost bin (eek!), but otherwise just in the garbage. I recycle everything I can, though, and even reuse things that should be disposable.

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)
Quinoa and cranberry stuffed squash, strawberries, and So Delicious Coconut Milk Cookie Dough Ice Cream.

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Eating polenta and gnocchi at my nonna's house. They're both vegan (at least when she makes them!), and now she even makes me my own tomato sauce... not that I need sauce because the polenta and gnocchi always taste so good by themselves!

10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Oh my. I really have no clue. Anything by Luna & Larry's, or So Delicious, or Tofutti Cuties. Seriously, with all the vegan ice cream out there, it's hard to choose. Although I think my favourite experience with vegan ice cream would have to be in Italy. I always got sorbetto over gelato (lemon and pear, for anyone who's wondering) but at some places they had soy chocolate gelato! Going back just to try it is a good enough excuse.

11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
This is like the ice cream question. I can't choose! I love the oven, but I also love the stove, and the barbeque (um, hello, pizza on the barbeque anyone?), and my Kitchenaid standing mixer (perfect for vegan buttercream icing), and the little toaster oven I had at home (so easy to make sweet potato fries or vegan pizza).

12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Cinnamon. Or curry.

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
I got a world cookbook when I was in grade three. I loved looking at the pictures of the cool fruits and vegetables. #foodnerd and born to be a vegan cook!

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
A little while ago I got this delicious jam from the farmer's market. It's called plumbleberry and it is to die for!

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing from VCTOTW. My friends all think they taste better than "the real thing." Success!

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Tofu, but I think that once I try seitan (probably for Christmas because I begged my mom to let one day this holiday season be completely vegan and am therefore making a seitan roast/loaf... recipes, anyone?) I'll love it.

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Any time! =)

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Spelt flour, pine nuts, whole grain pasta, multigrain pitas, an organic lemon (they cost the same as the conventional ones at Whole Foods!), a colander, and garlic from the farmer's market a month-and-a-bit ago.

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Daiya Cheddar Style Cheese. That's it. The communal freezer is broken (my ice cream always melts!) and my personal freezer is much too small to put anything else in there.

20. What’s on your grocery list?
Chocolate, canned pumpkin, baking soda, baking powder, possibly corn starch, and then the usual, so vegetables, fruit, and maybe a bread or non-dairy milk. I think this week it'll have to be almond milk because I'm baking with a friend who has a soy allergy.

21. Favorite grocery store?
In Vancouver, it's Whole Foods aka Capers. In Calgary, it's either Planet Organic or Amaranth. <3>

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Rene Roy Soy Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles. I'm not 100% sure if that's the correct brand name but I get it whenever I go to Amaranth. They're heavenly.

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Dandies Vegan Marshmallows. I swear they're better than normal marshmallows. Once you start, you just can't stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment