Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bloggy Love

I've been meaning to do one of these for quite a while now but haven't gotten around to doing one for some reason (which may or may not have something to do with laziness and procrastination, but SHHH, don't tell).

There are only two entries in this edition of bloggy love, though there are many more that I would have liked to share with you but have forgotten about.

Detox Time! - A Healthy Passion
I've been interested in food combining for a while but haven't really looked into it much (does that even make sense? HAH) other than don't eat concentrated proteins with concentrated carbs (meat and potatoes diet = no-no for food combining), eat fruit alone on an empty stomach, and don't drink liquids with meals ("I need something to wash this down"), and I kind of follow it sometimes but now, with the help of some handy dandy charts I can commit to it for a period of time to see if it works for me.

All "Restriction" is Not Created Equal - Choosing Raw
Uh, yeah, LOVE IT. Duh. Gena (I totally always mispronounce her name in my head and then correct myself. I'm terrified that if I met her I'd mess up and look like a total dork) is totes brillo. I like that she says it's "selective" rather than "restrictive." I've noticed that a lot of people I've met have seen my veganism as being restrictive. On my Italy trip last Spring break, this guy told me he thought I had an ED because I was only eating salads, and dinky little iceberg lettuce + tomatoes + canned corn salads at that. Totally not my fault, because that's all the restaurants would give me. If only he knew what kind of food I ate at the time (lots of baked goods - hence the title of my blog, grains, beans, nut butters, fruits and veggies). Also there's a picture of my fave ice cream of all time. Just saying.

Is there anything you've found recently that you think I should read?

5 comments:

  1. I can so relate! A few months ago I went to the amusement park Knott's Berry Farm, and well the restaurants weren't very vegan friendly. I got asked if I have an ED or something because the only thing available for me to eat was salads, fruit, and the two Luna bars I'd brought. Not my fault :D I just read the blog posts and they were super informative. Food combining doesn't sound so hard after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thelittleveganbakerJune 21, 2011 at 5:04 PM

    I like that we follow similar blogs :) Twinsies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thelittleveganbakerJune 21, 2011 at 5:17 PM

    That's what most of my Italy trip was like last Spring, except for the last few days in Rome. They had sooo much good vegan food (okay, so it was potato pizza, bruschetta and mushroom risotto, but when you've been living off iceberg lettuce for over a week it's the greatest thing of all time) there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these posts!! :) I love how much thought you put into each and every one of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thelittleveganbakerJune 21, 2011 at 11:29 PM

    Kat, you are too kind :) Thank you, my dear.

    ReplyDelete