Thursday, June 2, 2011

My First WIAW

Hey guys :)
As you can tell by the title, this is my first What I Ate Wednesday, and it's actually what I ate on Wednesday, which is why I'm posting this on Thursday.


Brekky: kamut cereal cooked in water, topped with an oddly liquid-y banana strawberry vanilla soft serve, some bloobs, some strawbs, a frozen banana slice and some cinnamon.


Morning Snack: grapes!


Lunch: Hugh Jass salad with mixed baby greens, bok choy, local carrots, local-ish tofu (btw, I had the last bit in this lunch. Sad times), roasted gold beets, roasted potatoes from Planet Organic, raisins and balsamic vinegar, as well as a panini on a 9 grain triangle bun with a creamy sunflower seed tomato pasta sauce (SO GOOD), spinach and arugula, and some more local-ish tofu. I had some warm water with lemon, too, because I don't have my fave tea in my house atm and I wanted a hot drink.


Afternoon/pre-workout snack: a pear, some bloobs and some more grapes

Dinner: delicious salad with baby greens, strawbs, bloobs, corn, avocado, soaked sunflower seeds, raisins and balsamic vinegar.


Dessert/Snacky snack while watching the Boston game: Air-popped popcorn with a drizzle of olive oil and some pepper.


Not pictured: the handfuls of bloobs and grapes eaten in front of the fridge/while preparing meals. You know how it is ;)

So that's what I ate on Wednesday.
What looks the best to you? What was the best thing you ate on Wednesday? Which team do you want to win the Stanley Cup? I'm going for Boston!

10 comments:

  1. strawb banana softserve for brekkie sounds perfect!!!! ahh! awesome idea for summer! =) Fabulous job on your first WIAW! whoo!!!!! <3

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girlie! we are soul sistas when it comes to salad making - bloobs, raisins and strawberries often get thrown into mine too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha thanks, Jenn :) I need to get more strawberries so I can make it again.

    Emma, it totally just brings it to another level when you add sweetness, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your breakfast, Kamut is such a nice change to regular oatmeal! :) I so would like to try golden beets - everyone is cooking with them, but we have only the plain red version.
    Great you are doing the WIAW post, I enjoy these a lot:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lenna :) I <3 kamut. I'm almost out, which is heartbreaking, but I'm getting groceries tomorrow. Also I totally rediscovered my love for millet today. I had some on my salad at lunch and it was dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmmmm, yesh! Sooo much goood food up there! Kinda jealous of yer eats, girllly! ;)
    I cannot wait until fresh bloobs are available in Michigan. :D Luckily, I'll be stopping by a farm on the way back from Chicago in July and will be able to NOM on some hardcore! Sooooooo PUMPED! ;)

    I would definitely say that the kamut looks sooooooo wonderful with the strawb and nanner soft-serve!!! drooooooooooool Love love LOVE it!
    I have YET to make that! I have not been home enough to put all the recipes I want to make to the test!!
    Definitely going to enjoy that when I get back home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Aly :) haha yeah they're definitely not local unfortunately, but my mom doesn't care, and I'll eat them if they're organic. I'm kinda jealous of this farm thingy in July.
    Kamut = the bomb.com, and you HAVE to make the strawberry nanner soft serve. Add a little vanilla too. It's sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely and colorful lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha thanks, Jenn :) I need to get more strawberries so I can make it again.

    Emma, it totally just brings it to another level when you add sweetness, right?

    ReplyDelete