Wednesday, June 8, 2011

WIAW #2

It's that time again...



Please excuse the horrible pictures. I gobbled up all my food before I stopped to make sure they looked nice. Whoops.

Brekky: Mochi waffle with brown rice syrup, half an apple chopped up on top and cinnamon; green monster (except it totes wasn't green, but whatever) with berries, a frozen nanner, some vanilla extract, almond milk, and all the greens I could stuff in there; the rest of the apple on the side + an unpictured klean kanteen full of water. I drink like four a day every day, btw. Stay hydrated, kiddies.


Lunchie: I thought the bread was spelt bread, but it had whole wheat flour as the first ingredient. I do not do well with wheat, but whatever. Two slices of bread, one with PB and the other with brown rice syrup and shredded coconut, kind of like a vegan PB and honey; another apple; green grapes.


Snacky snack while making dinner: The rest of my Kombucha gingerade from the day before; grapes; a date.


Dinns: Vegan home-made ravioli made with spelt flour, with brown mushrooms, spinach, sundried tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice and sunflower seeds on the inside; stuffed eggplant made by my nonna with rice, mushrooms, and the eggplant she scooped out inside; watermelon; swiss chard and asparagus pan-seared in water and tamari.


Here's the filling. First I put some water and tamari in a pan to heat it up, and then added the mushrooms and sundried tomatoes, then the garlic, and then wilted the spinach a bit. Then I threw in some sake for good measure. Holy man did my house ever smell good! I blended up the sunflower seeds, lemon juice, some pepper, some garlic, and some tamari, and then added that to the rest after I took it off the heat. I used this filling as a sub for Mama Pea's ravioli, and for the sauce I just blended up a locally-grown tomato and heated it up, again with some sake, salt and pepper, and threw in some dried basil. Also, for the pasta outside, I just used 1 1/2 cups spelt flour, some olive oil, water, and 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum.


Not enough greens and not enough raw food, but it's no biggie :)

Did you do WIAW? What looks the best?

12 comments:

  1. I love mochi waffles! :)

    But that ravioli sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!
    I am jelly (food words for jealous;)) of your WIAW eats!!! AH! :) Kombucha = love. And that ravioli could knock me over. Yum, yum, yum! I've been on an apple kick lately too! Is it the weather? Because I think it is!
    Also, I can't enforce the benefits of staying hydrated enough! I seriously don't understand those people who walk around with the "BIG GULP" of soda on hot days! Seriously, people, can you make any more of a negative impact on what you're trying to accomplish?! ;)
    LOVE IT!
    Aly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your dinner looks so fancy! I love it, it is like those dinners served in oriental restaurants, with many bowls all around the table :) Watermelon, grapes and apples are my staples these days as the weather is almost too hot to be pleasant :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, ME TOO! Fave brekky ever, even though they totally don't fill me up nearly as much as oats, but they taste soo goooood. The rav was really good, but I wish I had some nooch inside. Two tablespoons would have made it perfect.

    Aly, stop reading my mind. Seriously. Are we twins? I think we're twins.

    Lenna, THANKSSSS :) Hah unfortunately it's gross and rainy where I am right now, but the grapes, apples and watermelon help me imagine a time/place where it's nice and warm. Not too warm, but just warm enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I randomly will look back and notice I went fruit crazy and forgot my greens or ate my weight in nuts and nut butters... haha it happens! =) It looks like you still had a great day of healthy foods! <3 everything looks so yummy! Happy WIAW Stephanie!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coconut on a slice of bread! Wow I never thought of that :D WIAW sounds fun to do! Your dinner looks so cute in all different plates :] I love all the fruit. I think I've been having too much of it lately as the weather's been getting really hot haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! I like your pictures! Whole Foods had Kombucha 2 for $5 today and I only bought 2. Grr! I tried to tell myself that it is silly to spend $10 on tea, I regret it.

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow-ow, that ravioli sounds good! And I will excuse your pictures, because I can never pause long enough to take ANY, much less good ones :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whitney, JEALOUS. I don't know how much kombucha is where I'm at, but I know it's more than 2 for $5. Spending $10 on tea is totally justifiable if it's delicious and good for you.

    The ravioli was ridiculous. I had the leftovers last night for dinner and they were soooo good. It takes a great deal of will power to stop and take pictures of your food before digging in. Most of the time I just want to eat things out of the pot/fridge/whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I randomly will look back and notice I went fruit crazy and forgot my greens or ate my weight in nuts and nut butters... haha it happens! =) It looks like you still had a great day of healthy foods! <3 everything looks so yummy! Happy WIAW Stephanie!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your dinner looks so fancy! I love it, it is like those dinners served in oriental restaurants, with many bowls all around the table :) Watermelon, grapes and apples are my staples these days as the weather is almost too hot to be pleasant :)

    ReplyDelete