Wednesday, June 29, 2011

WIAW #5

I feel like I have to give a little bit of an explanation for the last picture. It's a pie. Tuesday was Tau day. Tau is equal to 2 Pi. Pi = 3.14..., so Tau = 6.28... thus Tau day would be on the 28th of June. It's a blueberry pie with a recipe from Christina Pirello. You can see the video here or see the recipe here. Below is a video, made on Pi day, explaining why Pi is wrong.



Now, on to what the post is really about... :)




Brekky: Steel cut oats cooked in soy milk, topped with a peach compote I made (OM NOM NOM so good) with a side of lightly steamed spinach


Snack: A peach and two plums


Lunch: Veggie spring rolls. I have to credit Morgan of Little House of Veggies for her recipe on how to make these or else I'd be clueless. They're amazing and soooo easy to make. I didn't make any of her sauces this time because I don't have any nut/seed butters ATM or any mint, but I bet that they'd be amazing as well. Seriously, go check out her blog. All the recipes of hers I've tried have been amazing. Apparently I really like the word amazing. Whatevsies :)


Dinner: Green smoothie! In this I had half a honeydew melon, a piece of cuke, a handful of grapes, a few handfuls of spinach, some soy milk and two drops of french vanilla stevia. YUM. It was really cooling, too, and it was one of the first green smoothies I've had that was actually GREEN. They're usually brown/purple thanks to the frozen berries I use. Not this time.


Dessert: PIE! I didn't have the whole thing (obviously) and the crust kind of sucked (I had a feeling it would suck when I was making it because it kept falling apart) but you don't eat pie for the crust, right? I should point out that I didn't use the crust or topping she suggested, because I used my own spelt flour instead of WW pastry flour, and for the topping I used brown rice flour instead of almond meal and quick oats. I should have used brown rice flour and some xantham gum for the crust, because my flour wasn't finely ground enough. Oh well. The inside is AMAZING. Again with the amazing... sheesh.


Also, for everyone following me via Google Reader, I'm sorry for all the posts I've published by accident and then unpublished. My computer won't charge so I'm using my mom's, and it's a total pain in the you-know-what. I don't know which key it is that I'm pressing when it publishes by accident, but when I find out I'll be sure to set up an alarm system that will go off whenever my fingers get close.

What looks the best? Did you do anything to celebrate Tau day? Did you even know it was a thing? Are you as much of a math/science nerd as me? Probably not. Calculus and physics were my favourite classes, and math always came easy for me. What kind of post do you want to see next? About me, honey/bees, a recipe...

10 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for the information about the Tau Day, I never heard of it until today :) But I love math, I even wanted to study Math and Physics at the uni, but then things changed and well, I changed my mind as well. Sometimes I still regret it :/
    You eat oats with a side of spinach for breakfast? I love it! You are really original :) And it is really important to eat our greens, so why not begin in the morning and in some other form than the "old boring" smoothie? :)
    I would be very interested in the post about honey, but when I see your meals, I also want to learn some of your recipes. And if you add something about you, that would be a perfect post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Tau day was a thing! Although I do try to make myself some pie on Pi Day every year. I was a huge math nerd in H.S., but switched to English in college and beyond...

    I love spring rolls in the summer! Yours look tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thelittleveganbakerJune 29, 2011 at 3:20 PM

    Haha it was my attempt at a macrobiotic breakfast. I wanted some steel cut oats but didn't have any bananas to put inside, and I can't eat a meal without some fruits and veggies, so I steamed some baby spinach on the side. The peach compote was still my fave part, though. I could have eaten the whole jar for brekky and been fine.
    So all of the above? LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thelittleveganbakerJune 29, 2011 at 3:22 PM

    I didn't know it was a thing until this year, so it's all good. I always intend to bake pie on Pi day but it never happens. Now I can just say I'm boycotting it and celebrate in June instead :D
    They were really tasty. Cutting up the veggies is kind of a pain because it takes so long (maybe I'm just slow) but it's totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thehealthycupcakeJune 29, 2011 at 6:43 PM

    Never was much of a math girl, but still interesting!! I would love to learn about bees. It's an issue I'm finally ready to open my mind to...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh love spring rolls! those look awesome! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The veggie spring rolls look awesome! I never liked math very much but that's pretty interesting :D I had no clue Tau day existed. I'd love some of that pie though haha. Oh and a honey/bees post sounds great! Although, a recipe is great too :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. thelittleveganbakerJuly 1, 2011 at 12:27 PM

    When I first went veg, I still used honey and didn't think it was a big deal. Now I know better :) I think I'll work on the bee thing tomorrow and/or Sunday, and I'll probably have it up by Monday. That makes it sound like I'm busy. I'm totally not :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. thelittleveganbakerJuly 1, 2011 at 12:29 PM

    I love them too! I used to always get them from this sushi place close to my house, but once I learned how EASY PEASY they were to make, I couldn't justify buying them, especially with all the packaging that the pre-made ones came in. So much plastic...

    ReplyDelete
  10. thelittleveganbakerJuly 1, 2011 at 12:30 PM

    Haha I totally polished off that pie already. My mom and my brother had a little piece each, and I had the rest. Sooo good. I think in this post I said the crust wasn't that great, but once you let it sit for a bit it softens up so it wasn't that bad in the end... Obviously, since I ate most of it :D

    ReplyDelete