Tuesday, July 5, 2011

WIAW #6

It's Tuesday evening, which means it's time for WIAW! Haha :)



Brekky: Mochi waffle with a nanner sliced, some bloobs and some strawbs, some raisins and coconut, and brown rice syrup. SO GOOD, but so not filling because an hour later I was hungry. Also you'll probably notice that I didn't eat a lot, but I woke up at like, noon and I generally don't eat after seven because if I do, I feel horrible when I wake up in the morning.


Snack: Nanner with tahini, coconut flakes, raisins and cinnamon. Again, sooo good.


Dinner: Leftover kale salad with carrots, red onion, heirloom tomato, nooch, sesame seeds, raisins and dulse flakes with a tahini lemon dressing; leftover pizza, one with the tahini lemon sauce and oyster mushrooms and the other with garlic, heirloom tomatoes and fresh basil, both bbq'd with a brown rice/arrowroot crust.


Not pictured: The carrots I stole out of the drawer and dipped in hummus, and the strawberries, bloobs and grapes I ate in front of the fridge. Also, I just took some black bean brownies out of the toaster oven, so I might be nomming on those too.

Have you ever tried baking with beans? How did it turn out? Do you look forward to eating leftovers or do you plan on making just enough so you can have new food at every meal? What's your fave kind of pizza?

14 comments:

  1. I tried making brownies with black beans once, but I didn't blend them well... so they turned out pretty gross... haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love leftovers, I'd never make it through a week without 'em :) And I made chickpea blondies and was not at all happy with that bean-based dessert (I do love dessert hummus, though). Let us know how the black bean brownies are!

    And I want all your bananas & berries, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get on the black bean brownie bandwagon =) I think its time <3 haha happy WIAW Stephanie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never baked with beans but it sounds interesting. I gotta try it out sometime. I don't like leftovers at all so I usually cook just enough so I can have new food every meal. It's annoying sometimes when I don't have enough time though :D Favorite kind of pizza - homemade and with lots of veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz, haha chunky black bean brownies don't sound very good... ;)

    Allie, the brownies weren't that great. They weren't chocolate-y enough, but that was my fault. They tasted more like blondies. I don't have any cocoa powder ATM so I opened up some cacao beans, which I hate doing because the shells always get under my nails (OUCH) so I gave up pretty quickly. I mean, they were good, just not good for brownies, if that makes any sense. Also I need to try dessert hummus. I <3 dessert and I <3 hummus. Made. For. Me.

    Jenn, HOP ON, YO! ;) Happy WIAW to you too!

    Paulina, usually I'm not a fan of leftovers but I just recently realized that you can put anything on a bed of greens, so I'm kind of digging the easy salads.
    That's usually what I do with pizza. I just throw on a whole bunch of veggies and some beans and call it a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nomnomnom. :) Love the eating going on in this post! Have a great day girlfriend!

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Whitney :) Speaking of nomming, I made a whole batch of hummus today, which I promptly polished off with some carrots and celery. Seriously. I used a whole can of chickpeas, and I ate the whole thing. Best day of eating ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never actually baked brownies with black beans, but I've been tempted to try it. I'm just afraid that they're turn out dry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Try it! Mine definitely weren't dry, and I didn't even have to add any extra liquid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've made black bean brownies and they tasted great!

    I love leftovers, but my husband won't touch them! What a weirdo..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you dress up your bananas...soooo yummy!@

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the comment on my blog :) I tried hard to get those scores!

    Anyway, black bean brownies? That one is new for me. I'll just have to give them a try! But not until I finish my leftover cookies. Which answers the second question. I love breakfast, so I make sure I don't cook more than I need so I can have something different each day, but the other meals... they aren't as exciting. I usually eat leftovers for lunch because no one else seems to eat them in my house, and I don't want to waste food! Dinners a toss up. If I have leftovers I like, it is going in my tummy! If not, I get to try something new!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maxwell, me too! I can't stand leftovers for breakfast... Actually that's not entirely true. Sometimes if I had pizza the night before, I'll have it for brekky, but that happens so rarely that it doesn't really count.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh. Why do you always have the photos that I shouldn't be looking at at like 11:30 at night -- this is not the time that I should be hungry!!! :)

    ReplyDelete